Give Hebrew to the Global Church
We want 100% of the world’s population to have access to the biblical languages. You can help.
The Gateway Language Strategy
The Gateway Languages Strategy leverages 21st century opportunities to provide all content, training, and tools needed to learn the biblical languages in the smallest number of Languages of Wider Communication that cover 100% of the languages spoken collectively by the global Church through patterns of multilingualism (learn more at unfoldingWord).
We want to equip the global Church with the biblical languages so that they can do quality, sustainable Bible translation (learn more) and create contextualized, theologically-sound biblical resources in every language where it’s needed. We aim to do this by providing all our resources under open licenses and then collaborating with Church networks worldwide to translate them into the strategic Languages of Wider Communication. This is a massive undertaking.
That’s where you come in.
We need volunteers from the following list of languages to help us with the following:
- Translate a landing web page with basic information
- Translate an introduction on the importance of learning the biblical languages
- Translate instructions on how to use our videos
- Translate simple Hebrew grammar summaries
- Make videos in your language that explain the implicit Hebrew grammar in our videos
- People skilled in editing video who can help produce introduction videos in each of the languages below
We also need at least one person from each language who is willing to be a point of contact for those who have questions about resources in that language. We would post that person’s contact information on our website
If you or someone you know speaks one of the following languages fluently, and you’re willing to help, please reach out to us at alephwithbeth (at) gmail.com. Thank you!
- Malagasy Plateau
- Urdu, Devanagari script (ur-Deva)
- Papuan Malay
- Tok Pisin